Friday, October 28, 2011

The Day I Got Disappointed

Super Nega post.. beware.. feel free to comment and hate me haha
"The Day I Got Disappointed"

Today, October 28, 2011, I met my long time crush, idol and obsession Mario Maurer after waiting 3 long months to see him. Today I will use the words used by iBankie "I am disappointed a bit with ohohmario." Because now I understand what he feels.

I've spent so much time bringing his name glory, promoting him, updating his fans, I've given him so much love and devotion, time of my life I will never get back. I also picked him up at the airport, stood a mere 2 feet from him, and during that first contact, nothing happened, no eye contact, nothing. I assumed something must happen at the fan conference, and yet, today, though we waited more than most of his fans, still nothing happened. He did not bother to stop and even look me in the eye, I did not hold his hand, he did not hear my plea to accept my little scrapbook as he passed me by. He seemed to be always running, even though his fans waited for him outside till it was dark.

And I noticed too that during the fan conference, I did not see the twinkle in his eye that first led me to him. His answers to questions to him might as well have been used to answer questions in China or elsewhere. They were generic and shallow. His hand tricks I've seen before, like making cute moves was just an act he used to practice in the mirror. I've seen him do the same exact "cute" moves, smirks and heart hand gestures in China, elsewhere like it was just a practice act, his smile, the whole act a job.

Also from comments of people I've heard, at least I am not alone in feeling some kind of vibe from him that is still out of tweak. Like the way he talks and answers questions; holding back, hidden insecurities, lack of self-confidence?

When I look back, I used to say that he was nice because he answered to his fans in twitter. But now when I see most of his replies, they are repetitive, bleak, and kind of contained the same words over and over again like it was from an answering machine.

It made me question does he really even care? Even Publicity Asia once said that her new "baby" knows and has potential in PR. Could it be just that?

There were too many people, haggling for attention, space, cameras ready to air your most bare moments to national television or newspapers/magazines. It was not conducive to an intimate moment with Mario.

This post might be too negative, critical, I know, but forgive me because my feelings of disappointment tonight goes with this post. It might be because of fan burn out, a defense mechanism for separation anxiety with Mario, and it might also feel like a rant post, but then, some points may be valid and might as well be an interesting read, a different frame of thought, a conversation starter, that's why I'm posting it, aside from being an outlet for my emotions.

The Hi-Ros also added to the negativity as they ridiculed the flyers I had given out. Those little demons.

On the lighter note, Mario's face is really eye candy. His face looks just the way it does in pictures, only in real life it's 3D and has shadow and stuff like that.
He looks more scrawny in real life than those Attitude Magazine shots he had, and isn't as tall as I expected.

I know, he's human too. Maybe my expectations of him as the son of Zeus are too much. Now I know.

PEX Oreos I met today are the best buddies for this fan con! Truly classic Oreos, and not Hi-Ros. Just to let you know, my classmate never found my cellphone in her bag, but that's clearly my fault =)

Ayan Brushpics isang mala nobelang post! Haha We missed you Oreos!

No comments:

Post a Comment